About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Who Knew?

When I sign in to post an entry I have these other tabs I can go through too. Some of you may know how this works already. Some of you probably write your own code. I just pick my design settings from a menu. I like it that way.

The Monetize tab lures me in once in a while. I can allow adds that are pertinent to my blog show up and if my readers click on an add, I get paid. I am sure that is a gross over simplification. It looks like there could be contracts and legal jargon in there, so I usually get scared away from it.
Oh, the Stats tab. It is probably my favorite.
The Stats tab is a way for me to be vain without anyone knowing I am being vain - at least until now. I can check in to see if anybody has visited. If you can make out the sub options,  you can see that I can look at an Overview, Posts, Traffic Sources, and Audience.
  • Posts lets me see how many times a specific post has been viewed either Now, within this Day, Week, Month or All Time.
  • Traffic Sources provides information about what path a reader takes to get to me; for example a link from another blog, or email message, straight from the URL... Kinda creepy, but neat.
  • Audience is amazing. The day I came across this I racked my brain trying to think of who in the world I knew in Singapore or Slovenia. I quickly realized I don't know anybody there, but I hope they enjoyed their time at my blog. All right, well, I don't know anybody in Denmark either. The other countries seemed more plausible. Even if the Slovenians and Singaporeans didn't read anything and they happened upon it by accident, I am still flabbergasted. I am sure I have never accidentally stumbled upon an individual's blog from either one of those countries.
(I really feel like there should be an apostrophe there, but the spell check thinks otherwise. Doesn't possession warrant an apostrophe?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment