About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

12 Eggs

Dwight gave me a dozen farm fresh eggs this a.m. Pity eggs, but fresh none the less. I hope the title didn't fool you.

Although I wasn't the one being chased with a fishing net through briars, it seems like a long time since my birds have had a traumatic experience. I feel like they should be laying eggs now.

I was concerned about the amount of light they were getting until all of the leaves fell off the trees. That greatly increased the amount of light the ladies were seeing a day. I feel like they should be laying eggs now.

However, at this time of year there are less hours of daylight, so I am going to install a low wattage bulb on a timer to icrease the amount of light they get a day. I feel like they should be laying eggs now.

Yesterday I came across a tid bit about privacy playing a role in the comfort of a laying hen. I don't know how much I buy this since they poop anywhere, anytime, regardless of company. However, I will probably try to remodel the nesting boxes (that they never use) to allow for more privacy. I feel like they should be laying eggs now.

Usually I am happy just to see I have two chickens in the coop. Recently though, some coworkers have been inquiring. They feel like my hens should be laying eggs now.

No comments:

Post a Comment