About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Friday, November 19, 2010

Movin' On Up

"Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side,
We finally got a piece of the pie."


In another attempt to make my birds feel more at home, I am going to install better perches in the coop. If the ladies are inside when I go check on them, 9 times out of 10, they are laying side by side right in front of my access door, facing the opposite wall.
 
Dwight thinks this is weird and recommends multiple perches. Since Dwight is practically giving a dozen eggs to every other person in the company, I will heed his advice. I don't expect the same success rate, but some success eventually would be nice.
 
I think the light is helping to get the girls up and at 'em pretty early. If nothing else, it looks cozy the way the soft glow emerges from the thin stand of trees. (Think Thomas Kincade (see below)- only less expensive and commercialized.)

No comments:

Post a Comment