About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Playing Hooky

Have you ever watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off? It happens to be one of my favorite movies.

Do you remember the part where he talks about doing something worthwhile with your day off, otherwise you might as well be at school... or in my case, work? That wasn't really an issue Friday. My day didn't compare to his, but I never felt like I would be better off at work.

My dilemma on my unscheduled days off is usually trying to be convincing enough that my boss will believe me, but not so convincing that I actually end up feeling like crap. Power of suggestion is, well, powerful. Instead of calling with a weakened, stuffy voice, I sent a text message. Something along the lines of "Out today. Not feeling good" the part he didn't get - but maybe he read into was "enough to deal with you." I'll worry about that Monday. 

I hate lying and I'm not good at it. But I just can't seem to leave it at "I won't be in." I think I feel too guilty about it that I have to provide a reason.

I was so excited about not going to work yesterday that I couldn't sleep in - at first. After I showered and ate breakfast, Charlie and I hunkered down on the couch for about an hour. 

Before I went out to lunch - my first real outing of the day - I ran up to check on my birds. Apparently, they weren't feeling very motivated either. It appeared as though they were just getting up. I didn't see them in their yard so I knocked on the access door and they came walking out slowly, stopping to stretch their wings. From this behavior I have decided they aren't getting enough light. It is too late to move the coop to a sunnier area now that the posts are permanent fixtures.  Decisions, decisions.

Oh! By the way, the decision to take Charlie up to the coop with me in the evenings has proved to be a good one. Thursday night we ran off a critter!

No comments:

Post a Comment