About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Little Runaway

Run Run Run Run Runaway Do do doo do do doo doo do do doo do...


I wasn't walking in the rain, but the day I gave Eleanore a bath, Kathy got out. It was my fault. I was aware that I left the door open, I just didn't think anything of it. Kathy and I passed in the coop, I to her yard, she to mine. Oops.

She wasn't really thrilled when I took Eleanore away in the crate to begin with so at this point she was still probably wondering just where her buddy went.

Later in the afternoon I returned Eleanore to the coop. Kathy was still wandering around in close proximity. As dusk approached I figured she would want to go ahead and tuck herself in for the night so I headed back up the hill. She allowed me to get close to her, but not catchable close. Aaron had armed himself with the fishing net and stood guard a few yards behind. Eleanore was already comfortable in her nest so I decided to see what happened if I just left the door open again. Fortunately Eleanore stayed put while Kathy kind of weaved her way closer. I held still with a hand on the door just in case E was feeling frisky. I took a step back and Kathy approached with caution, assessed the situation, and hopped in.

I had no idea how excited that would make me until it happened. I was elated. Giddy with laughter and literally jumping with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment