About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Makeshift Greenhouse

I bought some seeds for my vegetable garden the other day. Cucumbers, Spinach, Squash and Zucchini. I don't think those need to be capitalized, but I like it, makes 'em look stately. It isn't even a sentence.  However, in my mind, those four words actually make a complete thought. Scary, huh?

Anyway, back to it. I bought some seeds.


Then I planted 4 of each (except for the spinach) in a recycled egg carton with recycled soil. (According to my cousin Russ, a soil science major, dirt is what you track in your house, soil is what you plant in.)


Next, I lightly watered my homemade seed starters and put them in a greenhouse. Ok, so it isn't really a greenhouse, its a zipper lock storage bag. But guess what?

 It's working!

Then I remembered I had snap peas to plant. The directions for snap peas say to start in a paper towel. At least, I think that is what they said last year so I went with it.


Then of course I put them folded up into their damp paper towel in another greenhouse.
Success! 

Is anyone concerned about the spinach? How do you say that anyway? I feel like I am too hard with the "ch" - like I am condemning it. SpinATCH!. Or is it more of a garage sound. You know, like spinajjj? I think I will keep condemning it.    

Oh right, an explanation for why I didn't plant it yet: the package said wait until fall. Feel better?

How about now?

No comments:

Post a Comment