About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Excuses I Uses

I have been in a rut lately. I can't seem to get excited about exercise. That is really abnormal right? It seems like the only exercise I have been putting myself through is the 20 minutes of getting my pants-to-give-a little- yoga-stretching.

In two and a half weeks I will toe the starting line of a 13.1 mile trail race in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It will be amazing if I cover 13.1 miles cumulatively in that time. I haven't been putting a lot of pressure on myself because I am not running it for a good time. I have no intention of racing it, but I would like to enjoy myself.

Here is what I say to stand in my own way and the truth that should be acknowledged:

I am sooooo busy/ I don't have the time.
I call b.s.! Your schedule is really light.

Well, ok I could go to the gym before work... but what if I want to fix my hair?
Do you ever want to fix your hair?

All right, all right, after work... but then I won't see Aaron.
Total b.s. He works out in the morning and you won't be gone that long. Besides, if he is working out after work you wouldn't see him until after that anyway.

It might rain/ storm.
Use your gym membership.

But I hate the treadmill.
There are other options.


... I'm sure there are more. I'll see if any surface while I make my way to the pool tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment