About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Friday, September 17, 2010

Hail to the Queen(s)

The Cinnamon Queens.

I got in touch with the guy (Todd) from Poultry Hollow. On Monday the 27th, I will be meeting Todd and his dog (who is undergoing treatments) at the UT Vet hospital to pick up my chickens!

I have requested three of the gals in the early stages of laying. Word from the Hollow is one of these hens will produce around 320 eggs in a year.

You might be wondering about a few decisions I made.
  • Why 3?
    • The most the city of Knoxville allows is 6. That seemed a little ambitious. Why not 4? I have been in some close quarters for an extended period of time with 3 other ladies... its not pretty. Why not just 2? Well, what if they didn't like each other? There is no buffer zone.
  • Why Cinnamon Queens?
    • Why not? What a name! (and I don't know enough to have any preferences at this point)

With the assistance of Google Image search -  I expect I will be bringing home a few ladies resembling this.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Let me know when you get way more eggs than you can handle eating..... yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon Charlie and I will be outnumber in our house...I don't know if we will be able to cope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wondering what you thought of your Poultry Hollow chicken experience? Saw his ad on Craigslist and I'm always a little bit skeptical.

    ReplyDelete