About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Equinox

In high school physics I learned that on both the Vernal and Autumnal Equinox you can get an egg to balance on its tip. Fat end or skinny. Something about the gravitational pull being equal... blah blah  blah. I bought it. So every first day of spring and first day of fall since my senior year of high school I will grab an egg from the fridge and watch the phenomena.

This is one of my favorite tricks and I like to tell people about it in the spring and in the fall and whenever I can bring it up in conversation.

Unfortunately, the scientific explanation is total b.s. Regardless, it still makes me happy to balance an egg. What is better is that I don't have to wait for those 2 special days a year. You can do this anytime. If one egg just won't cooperate, grab another. It'll work.

I've found its kind of a good way to calm down and focus. Anxiety and haste aren't really useful here.

No comments:

Post a Comment