About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Friday, September 10, 2010

Egg Salad - An Exception to the Rule.

This doesn't really have anything to do with chickens. Well, not directly.

Earlier this week I boiled 6 eggs to make for several days worth of lunch. I used an egg cooker out in the sun room to decrease the amount of stank in the house. I employed the few and basic culinary skills I possess and Voila...Egg Salad!

I tend not to eat things that have a certain aroma while being cooked. That certain aroma that smells like the food has already been, ah-hem, "processed".  (I hope my mom is impressed at how clean I kept that sentence.) If you are unsure of just what I mean I will give you a few examples.

1. Broccoli
2. Turkey (thin slices from the Deli - whew.)
3. Cauliflower
4. Cabbage

OK, smell is not the only reason I don't eat Cauliflower. If someone asks me I will tell. That might sound scary, but the reason isn't dirty or gross at all. Promise.

And now for the news most pertinent to this blog...
D'white has lost 7 chickens to coyotes. He likes his flock the size it is now and doesn't want to give any away. I've done a little searching on Craigslist... no luck. The TN Valley Fair is coming up soon - maybe I can find some there.

No comments:

Post a Comment