About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blog Shmlog

I enjoying writing in this medium.
I follow others who write in this medium.
  • http://designandnonsense.com 
    • This is my friend, Amanda. She comments from time to time. I get really excited when she has a new blog post. Her posts always include photos.
  • http://Thepioneerwoman.com
    • I have never met this lady. In fact, I never would have found her blog if I wasn't reading Amanda's. I would really like to wedge myself into the life of Ree and her family if only for a little while.
  • www.younghouselove.com
    • I think I might have come across this one on my own.
I don't like admitting that I "follow a blog". I think it is something with the word blog. Blog. A log from the web. A web log. A blog. I get it. I just don't like it. I am ok admitting that I get a little upset when Ree, The Pioneer Woman, doesn't have at least one fresh post by the time I get to my desk in the a.m. (Come on Ree. I know how early you get up out there on the Ranch in Oklahoma. Where is my morning entertainment?) But whining that "her blog hasn't been updated"... I just can't do it.

When I sent out the first email to tell some relatives that I had started a blog I struggled with it. 4 words.

I started a blog.

And I looked at it. My head tilted to the side. My nose crinkled. Blog. Backspace backspace backspace backspace backspace (one for the period too). Hmph. Blog. That is what I started. That is where I am posting about poultry. Just do it, Lauren. "b", "l", "o", "g" "."  Send.
That wasn't so bad.

It doesn't bother me to "post". I don't know how I feel about being a "blogger". One who blogs. Yeah, I guess. But, really, I am just typing about chickens and other things. Mostly chickens. I try to keep it associated, otherwise... look out. Once the filter is removed, it is hard to put back in place. You might start seeing things like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment