About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions

I usually don't make resolutions at the dawn of a new year. If they are that important to make, they are too important to wait. Or if you can wait, maybe it isn't necessary to make the change.

About a month ago I decided that it was too easy for me to pass judgement on other people in the first 2 seconds I notice them. So I have been trying to cut down on snap judgements. Along the same lines of being too quick to judge I have decided to stop seeking things that irritate me.

What? Who does that?

Me. On Facebook. So I'm not going to do it anymore. Facebook that is, not just the stalking. I've never really liked the premise of it anyway. I could go on and on here but I won't. (You are welcome.)

So, there is that - being a better person, more open minded, less irritated by things I actually do have control over.

This next resolution I make on a fairly frequent basis. It sticks for a couple of days and then *POOF* I am wandering around a parking lot looking for my car because I have no idea where I parked.

Just yesterday, after yet again renewing my vow to pay attention and make note of where I am parked this happened:

I get to they gym early.
I park right outside the front door noticing how lucky I am that the parking lot is empty.
I think to myself - "This should be a breeze to remember! I never park in the front row."
After an hour or so in the gym, I am walking out carrying a conversation and overshoot the first row and a couple of spaces.

Anybody else resolving to make any changes or to stick with some oldies but goodies?

No comments:

Post a Comment