About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Names

I thought somewhere I had written about names for the chickens... I can't find it. I did try to name them. I thought about naming them after queens; Elizabeth, Victoria, Latifah... On Columbus day I was a total nerd and tried to name them after the ships the Nina and the Santa Maria... Anyway, nothing really stuck. Ok, well, two names did stick - for a while at least.

In the beginning of this adventure when I had 3 chickens, there was one lady who was particularly dominant. Her name rhymed with Itch. And that fateful day I returned home to find an unexpected survivor in the driveway (as a friend pointed out it was as though she had returned from the dead) she earned a name that rhymed with Please Us. 

More often than not, they are referred to as "the ladies".

Not this year. This year they shall go by Kathy and Eleanore.

No comments:

Post a Comment