About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Name Game

Sorry to leave you hanging...
de aqui



Why Kathy? Why Eleanore? Actually,  it is a package deal. One could not be named Kathy without the other being named Eleanore and vice versa.

Back in the summer, when I was not as busy being held down by blankets, I participated in a couple of sprint triathlons. Word got out that I  - used to be/ sometimes am/ am trying again to be - a runner. Kathy and Eleanore, two very nice ladies in the Fleet Feet Knoxville circle, asked me to join them for an Olympic Distance Tri relay and I agreed. Kathy swam. Eleanore cycled. I suffered ran.

Relay teams get to pick a team name so the race directors can call out one name instead of three when handing out awards. I just made that up, but it seems plausible. Regardless, Eleanore registered us as "Two Hens and a Chick."


So, there you have it. The mystery is over. And now for the name game:


But first a note from Wikipedia : Playing the game with names such as Alice, Dallas, Tucker, Chuck, Buck, Huck, Bart, Art, Marty, Mitch, Rich, Richie, Maggie, Ruby, or, in British English, Danny or Annie, results in profanity or rude language.

Chickens Chickens Bo Bickens
Banana Fana Fo Fickens
Me My Mo Mickens
Chickens!

2 comments:

  1. Kathy - The Human Hen (THH)January 10, 2011 at 6:03 PM

    I am honored! I found this out about us -
    "Cinnamon Queen Chickens are great brown egg layers. Cinnamon Queens are hardy and great dual purpose birds."

    Love it that we are considered Hardy!

    ReplyDelete