About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Eats bin a wall...

Ah fill lock Ah ain't had much in the way of sayin bout chickens these days. Ah reckon cause not too much bin goin own.  Ah feed in water 'em same as usual. Day bin layin eggs same as usual. Poopin' too.

What?

I have noticed recently that Eleanore is the first one into the coop and up to either the feeder or the water basin when I am there visiting and refilling. The other day she pecked at my ring as I put the basin of fresh water back in. (I guess she was a little thirsty for some clean, hay free water.) Kathy is always close but never between me and Eleanore.

This past weekend I fed and watered the ladies early on Saturday a.m. Sunday afternoon when we got back in town I got to witness the Hungry March - two hens frantically patrolling the fenced perimeter occasionally pecking into the dirt. Honestly, it made me feel a little guilty that I didn't top off the feeder, but it was entertaining. I'll have to try and get it on video.

No comments:

Post a Comment