About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Debatable Inflatables

I am not a huge fan of inflatable "decorations". I tolerate them because they seem to make other people happy. I do, however, like them better than molded plastic Santas and snowmen.


 

In all of their glory (read: while they are inflated), inflatables -though seldom pertinent- are kind of fun to look at. I have to admit that this 8' penguin and his little buddy Snoopy livened up our neighborhood.    

Wait. What? Whatever do you mean, "seldom pertinent"?

I'm glad you asked...

My mom and I were at a large chain pharmacy a couple of weeks ago, perusing the aisles of stuff when I spotted an inflatable cow. I don't know about you, but a cow doesn't even make me think winter, never mind Christmas. I started to rant. "That is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen. A cow? What does a cow have to do with anything?" A stranger beside me agreed with a nod. Then my mom said, "It must be the Holy Cow!" The stranger laughed and left the aisle.


This is the part I really don't like. I don't like to see wads of fabric out in the yard like someone just got kicked out of their house. My husband, in an attempt to keep me linear, will set the timer so that I don't have to witness such carnage in our own yard when I get home from work. 'Tis the season after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment