About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

just words. not about birds

I tend to think of myself as a crafty person, but I am wrong. I love attending craft fairs and looking at crafty products on Etsy, but once I realize that one of these crafts is going to take more than an hour I give up. I also used to think of my self as a Do It Myself-er. Guess what - times they are a changing. I think I turned the corner of "Can't we just pay someone to do this?" after Aaron and I tiled the sunroom floor (with a lot of help from my dad).

2 years ago I bought this tiny purple sewing machine from Big Lots because I was trying to be nice to myself and also encourge myself to be craftier. It is still in the box. About 2 months ago I bought some fabric to recover the hideous throw pillows that came with our new furniture. I got it washed. There are only 2 more steps. 1. Cut to size. 2. Sew. And yet I tolerate the ugliness. But you know what, they aren't so noticeable when they are supporting my head and I am looking at the TV.

Now I have this other project that I think should be done after the roofers and gutterers do what they do - deck repair. I found this Restore Deck product at Home Depot and it looks way better, as in less money, to me than installing a new deck regardless of whose labor it is. Even though it doesn't look all that complicated, I am dreading it already.

Amazingly, I think I could qualify as one of those people with too much time on their hands. I just don't have anything to show for it. I don't feel like I have too much time. But I rarely feel like I have too little. Which is nice. Sometimes I feel guilty about this. Sometimes it is about the cleanliness of the house, sometimes the state of the weeds in the yard, sometimes about less fortunate people and being generous and volunteering.

I don't know what else to say. So, that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment