About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Peas, Please

About a month ago a friend gave me some peas to plant. Sugar snap peas to be exact.
I started them in a damp paper towel, then transferred them to the same planter box that all the rescued worms are in. The onions growing out the onion got transplanted. The planter box was getting a little crowded.

Grrr - the browser keeps getting stuck when I try to upload a picture... I'll try again later. But for now, I leave you with this:

Peas porridge hot
Peas porridge cold
Peas porridge in the pot 9 days old

Some like 'em hot
Some like 'em cold
Some like 'em in the pot 9 days old.

My mom would recite this occasionally if we were having peas with dinner. (And now I probably do.) It never really made me want them more. (I am slightly better about consuming veggies than I used to be.) But I always enjoy a good rhyme!

No comments:

Post a Comment