About Me

Coming Soon: http://underthebedgallery.blogspot.com

Friday, March 25, 2011

Bunch of Pansies

Last night I brought the pansies in off of the front porch. I thought it was supposed to get pretty cold and I didn't want to see wilted flowers. (Then again, pansies are pretty hardy- probably could have left them out. Oh well.) 

The daffodils have had their run and they were starting to droop a little anyway. If the tulips were more portable I would have brought them in too. We had quite a few just about to open. I am curious to see how well they survived the mid 30's last night.

Last year when we had similar weather, the azaleas had just blossomed. We used every spare tarp, blanket, sheet we had trying to protect them from frost because...

2 years ago when we had similar weather, the azaleas had just blossomed and we said "Ah, they are plants, they'll be fine." And fine they were, but what an ugly existence. The clean white flowers collapsed, wrinkled, and turned brown.

Guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed. (which makes it really difficult to type, by the way)

No comments:

Post a Comment